Things to consider when writing a news tip
A concise headline grabs the reader’s attention. Write in the present tense.
A brief lead-in summarising the news. Write the most important thing first.
Write simply, concisely and in short paragraphs. Here, too, the most important thing should come first. Use subheadings if necessary.
- Include your sources and their contact details.
- Include any relevant links.
- Send any attachments (preferably as PDF files) with simple, clear names. Attachment names may not contain the letters å, ä, ö or other special characters.
- Send photographs (if any), stating the name of the photographer.
- Make sure that the news item is available in both Swedish and English, if necessary.
Send your news to email@example.com.